REGULAR BLOKE TRYING TO LIVE IN AN IRREGULAR WORLD

19 February 2008

Months and miles away

"We're here ... because of the mother that I met in Green Bay, Wisconsin, who gave me this bracelet that I'm wearing. Inscribed on it is the name of her son ... Ryan ... he was twenty when he was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq. And next to his name it says: 'All Gave Some ... but He Gave All.'

We are here because it is time to ask ourselves as a nation if we are serving Ryan and his compatriots, and all our young brave men and women as well as they are serving us. They need us to end this war, and bring them home ... and give them the care, and the benefits that they deserve ... they need change, Houston.

And there are those who said at the time, 'Why are you running so soon? Why are you running this time? You are a young man - you can afford to wait.' And I ... I had to explain to them I am not running because of some long held ambition ... I know some people have been looking through my kindergarten papers, but that is not why I decided to run.

I am not running because I think it's somehow owed to me. I'm running because of what Dr. King called 'The fierce urgency of now.' Because there is such a thing, Houston, as being too late. And that hour is almost upon us. We are at a defining moment in our history. Our nation is at war. Our planet is in peril. The dream that so many generations fought for feels like it's slowly slipping away.

My faith in the American People has been vindicated because all across the country, people are standing up, and saying, 'it is time to turn the page, it is time to write a new chapter in American history, we want to move forward into a better tomorrow.'

The American People have spoken out, and they are saying we need to move in a new direction. And ... I would not be running, as aware as I am of my imperfections, as clear as I am that I am not a perfect vessel ... I would not be running if I did not believe that I could lead this country in that new direction. That we have a unique moment that we have to seize."

-Obama's speech in Houston after Wisconsin primary vote

President Bush will die and never come close to being this honest and direct, or ever in a lifetime have said anything as remotely true as this. The prick has destroyed American prestige around the world, with his henchman Cheney he has dismantled our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and he has pissed and shit as a diseased animal at any opportunity all over the American Dream. This is the only country in the world founded on ideals. We were the dream the entire world looked to for inspiration, both before and right after September 11, 2001. And it is past time for us to take back our American Dream.
























Snorkblaster:
Hillary does not have an "Ice Queen image" to overcome. She has a "filthy, sleazy, party-hack-for-life, mendacious, knows-better-than-you, child-of-privilege, boring, statist, monolithic government machine, droning, horrific, conniving image" to overcome.

Fark it!

(BLOGGER IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT FOR GRAPHIC LAYOUT. SHEESH)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah..... and i hope Obama isn't thinking of making her vice-president. She would have him assinated...

Anonymous said...

i mean assassinated.... although i am sure he would be assinated too