REGULAR BLOKE TRYING TO LIVE IN AN IRREGULAR WORLD

19 July 2007

Crying time

This morning I drove to a pet shelter and surrendered two kittens. A cat who was obviously someone's pet adopted me this year and gave me three kits in a litter. I have raised them in my kitchen for the past two months. They already had personalities and would look for me hearing my voice when I entered the kitchen. I was already in tears by time I got to the shelter. I just cannot give them all the attention and care they deserve. It is so hard to say goodbye to someone I love.

Just over a year ago I lost a new pet to a car, after an agonizing, painful day and night at emergency. On March 15 I held my dear sweet Natasha in my arms while the vet administered the euthenasia drugs after seventeen years together. Her brother Boris is showing signs of his own age. I thought we were all going to make it into retirement.

I am keeping mama and Curious George, but even as I assume responsibility I know I think love will last ... but I am wrong.

I can't take such heartache.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Love does last.....JMP